Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Three more days until I can no longer be trusted...

If the children of the 1960s were right and you can't trust anyone over thirty, you'd best read quickly. As I prepare to embark upon my fourth decade of life, I find myself in deep contemplation.

Dangerous, eh?

What I find myself contemplating is this: my hat-trick of degrees may be useful for purposes other than mastery of Trivial Pursuit. Perhaps I can share my love of American history--and the foundations it offers for the present--on a wider scale.

Here, then, is my attempt at so doing. I won't get all dramatic on you, like William F. Buckley, Jr. standing athwart history and hollering "Stop!"...

...after all, the weather's not quite warm enough yet. If one's going to halt the wheels of time, it might as well be in the spring.

No comments: